Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mediterranean Dinner

One of the reasons that I love my civics curriculum is that it has such interesting, fun projects!
 My most recent (and possibly funnest) project was making a meal out of food brought to America after 1492.
I decided to have a Mediterranean themed meal, and my parents and I spent all afternoon on Saturday making food. The Menu included:
[the table...of course!]
Lubiya (a soup with lots of spices and black eyed peas--not pictured),

Caprese Salad-from Italy (Includes: Tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil with a balsamic dressing)

 

 Mejadarah (an Egyptian dish with lentils, rice and caramelized onions)



Bulgar Pilaf and Noodles (It should be obvious that this dish includes Bulgar. Noodles and LOTS of butter)

We invited a Lebanese guest who told us that the food was marvelous...(yay, we passed the middle-eastern-person-liked-it test)  All in all, I can't wait for another fun opportunity to do something like this again!

1 comment:

  1. YOu'll note that unfortunatly, tomatoes are not new to the New World, but at least the dish was!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog, I love to hear from you...just remember: keep it clean!