Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chocolate Lip gloss [yum, yum]

Hi again,
  After a hectic week, I've managed to snag some time to write a post! [so happy!]

So, the other day (after a bunch of holidays that took place on Thursdays) me and my friend finally got to have another Home Ec. class! It was tons of fun, we made two lip glosses, a vanilla one, and a chocolate one. (my friend got the vanilla, and I the chocolate.)
   I don't know where I got these recipes, but thanks to whoever made them.

Vanilla Lip Gloss

1 tablespoon grates beeswax
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
1/8 teaspoon vitamin E oil
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract


Slowly heat beeswax, coconut oil, and vitamin E oil until melted. Stir in the vanilla extract then cool


Chocolate Lip Gloss

1 1/2 tsp grated cocoa butter
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1/8 tsp vitamin E oil
1/4 tsp grated chocolate or 3 small chocolate chips


In a double boiler or microwave heat the cocoa butter, coconut oil, and vitamin E oil until melted. Stir in the chocolate chips and keep stirring until melted and well blended Pour into small container and allow to cool before using

   This time, we were set up in my kitchen...a little roomier, but not much! We started with the vanilla lip gloss (which I dont have any pictures of). So, we did the recipe and heated it up, and then we poured it into a little jar and it hardened......really quickly, oops! To get to the point: it was a bit too hars so,I recomend you do 'half a tablespoon' beeswax and 'half a tablespoon' cocoa butter. (or something like that)

Then we worked on the chocolate lip gloss.

[a few of the ingredients...DELICIOUS!]
This time it looked pretty promising in terms of being the right consistency for lip gloss (instead of rock hard). That is, until it didn't harden at all! So, I added a little bit of beeswax and everybody waas happy again!


If you're going to make these, I'd recomend seeing the consistency once they're mostly cooled and if you need to, you can always try to re-heat the gloss and add more beeswax or oil. As for my lip gloss, it sure is yummy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog, I love to hear from you...just remember: keep it clean!