Monday, February 7, 2011

Our Town {or is it yours?}

The highlight of last week was most certainly preforming a scene from the play Our Town by Thornton Wilder (as an English assignment).  My mom, my best friend, and I acted out a scene from the begining of  Act II (for those of you familier with the play).


   They both had several characters to be...but luckily I arranged the script a bit so that they didn't have to be those two characters at the same time!
 My Mother acted out the Stage Manager [her script above], Si Crowell (the paper boy), and Mrs. Gibbs (the main character, Emily's, Neighbor). My friend acted out Constable Warren, and Mrs. Webb (Emily's Mother). I was Howie Newsome, the milkman.

It took most of the afternoon to re-arrange our living room into the stage minimalistic stage set that Thornton WIlder 'perscribed' to the play.


Above, I attept to hang our 'curtain' (bedsheet) while my friend captures the beauty of the sunset (which lasted approximantly ten seconds). Below: my friend tries her hand at getting the sheet to stay...it wasn't easy, but it stayed up for the whole performance!


Our usually very full living room was transformed into a minimalistic wonderland.

  Mrs. Gibbs "house" (a table, chair, and trellis [indicated by the two plants on the floor!])


It also got a very thorough cleaning!

Mrs Webb's House (the table and trellis, again indicated by the two plants)
 
I'm not even going to try to describe the play to you, but instead I will find a reveiw and link it to this and this!
 
(I also have a small description that I will edit and post another day)
 
~Ciao!
 
Note: for some reason Blogger isn't letting me use spell check, so please excuse any words that were incorrectly spelled!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog, I love to hear from you...just remember: keep it clean!