Thursday, June 2, 2011

Top Tens of spring

As spring comes to a close, I figured, everybody else always posts lists of some of their favorite things, so why not me? Therefore, dear readers, you are about to learn some of my favorite things about spring.

Top Ten Favorites of Spring
(not in any particular order)

1) The first flowers of the year

2) The smell after a rainstorm

(Unfortunately, people--me included-- don't usually take pictures of others playing in the mud, hence: I have no picture for number 3)
3) Putting one's feet in a nice slick mud puddle or in the dirt of a freshly hoed garden bed or the fresh mowed lawn

4) Having to wash ones feet before bed, due to how dirty one got them while playing outside



5) Actually, just playing outside

6) Lilacs.

7) Changing one's wardrobe from long to short sleeves,

8) Hearing children's laughter, wafting around the neighborhood...laaaaate into the evening,

9) Lying in the grass (or on the sidewalk) watching the birds (especially chimney swifts-not pictured, those are geese!),

10) Smelling the fresh earth and looking forward to summer!


What do you like about Spring? What are you looking forward to in the Summer?

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog, I love to hear from you...just remember: keep it clean!